Cylinder/Valve Assemblies – Vehicle Engine Systems
Cylinder & valve assemblies for FireDETEC water-based Vehicle Engine systems
Pre-engineered cylinder/valve assemblies for the FireDETEC® Vehicle Engine fire suppression system
- CE approved when installed as part of a complete FireDETEC system
- Includes cylinder with mounting brackets, valve and label
- Available for Indirect configurations
- Kit cylinders are delivered unfilled
A Complete detection & Suppression system
Pre-engineered for vehicle engines
Protects passengers and valuable equipment
- Easy / Flexible installation
- Quick & Eff ective suppression
- Highly Dependable: no electricity or moving parts
- Highly economical
Reduces even the most critical vehicle engine fire risks:
- Oil residue and fuel leaks
- Engine overheating
- Short circuits
- Passenger injury
- Vehicle damage & repair
The Firedetec® difference
Rotarex FireDETEC® systems use a proprietary continuous linear sensor tube that reliably detects and actuates release of the extinguishing agent using pneumatic technology. It is more flexible, space efficient and cost effective versus alternative mechanical or electronic systems.
- Quick & Easy installation directly inside engine compartments:
The flexible sensor tubing is easily installed directly above and around the engine – closer to where a fire could start.
When in service, the tubing is pressurized with dry nitrogen to 16 bar.
The dynamics of pressurization make the tubing more reactive to heat.
- Early fire detection:
If a fire occurs, the heat of the fire causes the pressurized sensor tube to burst at the hottest spot (approx. 110°C)
- Instant suppression:
The sudden tube depressurization actuates the special pressure differential valve and instantly floods the entire cabinet area with CO2 extinguishing agent. The fire is quickly suppressed just moments afterit began… minimizing damage and downtime.